It becomes possible to run your contact center in an efficient manner only with the use of best available systems such as the best call center software. However, you need more than good software to capture the loyalty of your customers.
Customer loyalty is vital to all businesses. Loyalty does not only ensure that your customers keep coming back to your business for making their next purchase. It also means that they will refer you to other consumers.
There are several such benefits to be had when you have loyal your brand has loyal customers. For starters, loyal customers have a greater tendency to give word of mouth advertising and that, too, for free.
This kind of referral business is certainly beneficial for your business. After all, even the best marketing campaign pales in comparison to the endorsement provided by a customer to another consumer in terms of effectiveness.
Moreover, it takes less marketing effort on your part to get these customers to buy from you again. Loyalty even gives you better returns on your marketing activities. Such customers tend to be more engaged with your brand making it easier to get valuable feedback.
Loyal customers are more likely to forgive you when you make a mistake. It even takes less effort on your part to earn their forgiveness. They are more willing to spend money on your brand and it takes little convincing to get them to spend more.
Be that as it may, the fact is that you cannot consider a customer to be loyal just because he or she spends a lot more money on your brand. In fact, it is quite possible that the customers who spend the most are the least loyal. They may even be buying from your competitors.
Loyalty is dependent on various factors. The monetary investment in your brand is just one of them. You must know how you can start attracting customers and make them loyal to your brand. Once loyal, you can retain them and reap the benefits of customer loyalty.
There are certainly various tips and tricks that you can implement in order to increase the loyalty among your customers. There is no need to worry about them as we have done the research required. Here are a few things which you can do for driving customer loyalty.
1. Providing offers on a weekly or a monthly basis can act as incentives. A good idea would be to provide these offers on accessories and similar items that your customers are bound to need.
Customers will end up coming back to you over and over again as a result to fulfill these needs. Moreover, your brand will remain in front of the customers continuously so that your brand is the first one they choose when they buy.
2. Referral offers are another way to increase the interest of the customers in your brand. In these offers, customers will have to recommend your brand to other consumers in order to enjoy the offers. This is quite a simple process and one that your customers are bound to enjoy.
For you, it means that you will be increasing your customer base while ensuring the happiness of your existing customers.
3. If you want to stand apart from your competition and gain the loyalty of your customers, you need to deliver an experience. This will ensure that you are known for more than just the products that you sell. You will also be remembered for the service and the experiences you provide.
A memorable experience is certain to make your customers keep coming back.
4. Personalization is something that all customers enjoy. It is important that you value the relationship that you share with a customer. Customers must not feel that their relationships with you are not just another statistic for your business.
You should take steps to personalize all the communications that you have with specific customers to strengthen the relationship. You can take the help of good call center software to make this possible.
5. In a relationship, there must be some sort of contact. This is applicable to the relationship you share with your customers. You must let them know that you have not forgotten about them. As such, keep in touch with them. However, do not bombard them with constant communications related to sales.
Instead, you can send communications checking on their experience with the products they purchased. Call center management software that track and record such data will be helpful in this matter.
6. Informative content can show your dynamism. This creates a positive perception of your brand. As such, take steps for providing customers with information which provides value. Create content which your customers actually want to read. Informative content does add credibility to your brand.
You can use call center software solutions to find out what kind of information your customer requires and use that to create content accordingly.
7. Transparency is vital when you want to capture the loyalty of your customers. It helps in building a positive relationship with the customers. This will increase the chances of them offering referrals on their own and using your services repeatedly. You need to be transparent from the very start to get the best possible results.
8. You should always try to form a genuine connection with your customers by appealing to their emotions. This is not very difficult when you get right down to it. You can start with something simple such as remembering the regular orders of the customer.
Steps can be taken to anticipate the next need of your customer and then do something to fulfill that need. You can use cloud call center software solutions for this purpose.
9. Think about the experience that you are providing your customers. Consider the use of a customer experience tool so as to create an effective customer journey map. You should design the experience completely for your loyal customers.
This way, they are sure to have the best experience possible and that will be beneficial for you. Don’t forget to compare the customer experience tools just like the call center solutions comparison you perform.
10. You must not end up forgetting your own employees in the process of trying to gain the loyalty of your customers. After all, your employees have an important role to place in the process. The corporate culture you maintain at your organization can determine how easily your brand becomes customer centric.
Your workforce must be engaged in order to deliver a customer experience that is truly seamless. Only then will your steps for gaining customer loyalty can be effective.
11. When it comes to prices, customers will always want value. However, it does not mean that they will always opt for the cheapest available in the market. In fact, the actual price is not as important as the perception of the value offered. As such, analyze the call center software pricing just as well as you would the pricing of all other products.
These are the days of social media where everything you say or do will be available at the fingertips of the customers. Therefore, you cannot afford to not to do something that you said that you would. If you do, customers will certainly notice and you will lose their loyalty. Instead, keep your promises all the time and the customer will reward you for it.
12. You should be accountable for the products or the services that you deliver. This requires you going the extra step to ensure that your customers are happy with the services and products that you offer. Showcasing your accountability is a great way to attract the loyalty of your customers.
13. The fact is that things can go wrong no matter how many precautions you take. However, it is that you do after the things have gone wrong that matter. You need be on top of the matter in such situations. Take the right steps and you will quickly turn the experience into a positive one for the customers and even make it memorable.
14. Every success has been made possible because of help. As such, you should also be comfortable with asking for help from your customers. This can be done easily after you have built a good relationship. Once done, make it a two-way street.
Ask your customer to provide you with a referral or a positive review among other things. You will be surprised at how many of your customers actually respond happily simply because you asked.
15. You need to understand that it is not possible for you to gain the loyalty of all the customers you have. Instead, there will be a segment in your customer base that has a greater likelihood of becoming loyal.
As such, you need to determine which of your market segments provide you with the most profitable customers and target that segment exclusively. Take the steps necessary and you will be able to garner their loyalty.
16. It is not just the customers that you need to identify. You will also have to determine what their top expectations are. For this, you will need to perform a good degree of research.
Once you know the expectations, you will know what needs to be done to satisfy those expectations. This way, you can start to attract the loyalty of your customers.
The Case Study
As you have seen, there are quite a few things that you need to do in order to make your customers loyal to your brand. While the effort required may be substantial, the fact is that the benefits are actually tangible in the long run.
Now, you might be wondering as to what those benefits actually are. To do so, we must take a look at a case study. Again, we have already undertaken the research on your behalf so that you do not have to. The case study is given below.
The following case study deals with quite a well-known brand. In fact, it is something that all people will be familiar with. It is a case study about Coca Cola, one of the leading beverage makers in the world.
The historic brand equity of Coca Cola has enabled them to create a gigantic customer base. On the other hand, it was quite difficult for them to ensure communication with the customers individually in an effort to build loyalty.
In the United Kingdom, the company faced a major challenged while trying to manage a loyalty program that made use of points. This program used paper coupons along with a points’ bank which proved to be rather inefficient.
As such, it was important for Coca Cola to capture the customers into their CRM database. This would allow the company to gain invaluable insights. At the same time, the engagement of the customers would be ensured.
At the same time, the company was losing pivotal market share among the teenage consumer base. The company required a reward program based on loyalty which would be exclusively targeted for the young adults and teenagers.
In 2008, Coca Cola introduced the Coke Zone. The marketing campaign was worth £5 million. This campaign included activities online, in the stores and on TV. Customers of Coca Cola could get points codes printed on the pack of the products.
After registering, the customers would be able to redeem the points in return for various things including merchandise and prize draws entry. They could even get experiences that were termed as ‘money can’t buy’.
The participants could share continuously their purchase behaviors. At the same time, they were actively engaged with Coca Cola. This demonstrated sustainable loyalty is possible. At the same time, it could build up the marketing ROI.
By means of the reward program, Coke Zone was aiming to capture the insights from the customers. It also wanted to increase customer engagement and become integrated with the global CRM efforts of Coca Cola.
Another objective was to increase the sales of the products offered by Coca Cola among the teenagers and young adults market segments. Customer retention would also be increased with the help of personalized content.
The project also aimed to reach out to the teen market which is incredible difficult it impress. Coke Zone wanted to increase the number of customers to its site. There, engagement would take place and the customers would remain engaged. At the same time, repeat purchases could be encouraged.
The fact is that mobile and web communication channels can feed an international insight database. They can deliver interaction on a personalized level. Message prompts can be provided on being triggered by behavior. SMS and email communication can be segmented as well.
As such, Coke Zone was a campaign that used multiple channels of communication. It was created on the mobile and web communication channels which would feed into the global CRM database of Coca Cola. The other points mentioned above would also be ensured.
In the United Kingdom, the campaign was introduced with tag that ran at the end of all the spots bought by Coca Cola for its products on terrestrial channels during the peak times. It would also be available on the various digital channels as well. The tag was 10 seconds long.
The campaign lasted for six weeks. It was supplemented by means of an outdoor billboard push that took place all over the nation. The push aimed to increase the awareness of the campaign. At the same time, it encouraged the young adults for registration with Coke Zone.
After registration, the points accumulated could be redeemed for various items. For example, the participants could get items branded by Coca Cola. Alternatively, they could use the points for entering competitions where they could win bigger prizes. For example, they could go on a shopping spree or win a laptop.
In order to increase the consumer interaction further, a series of emails were created. These emails were targeted in nature. They would be triggered by various events such as birthdays and referrals. These emails were a supplement to the e-newsletter that was sent on a monthly basis.
Coke Zone demonstrated a long term strategy along with a commitment to the development of channels. Due to the quality shown this way, Coke Zone was the recipient of the NMA award for the best use of emails in 2008.
An additional campaign was launched during the holiday season of the same year. This was designed for increasing the followers of the brand on Twitter. At the same time, it would be acquiring new members for Coke Zone.
This campaign made use of tweets that had personalized Christmas messages. The messages were shown on the famed sign at Piccadilly Circus in London.
Now, Coca Cola has a relationship portal for its customers, which is always active. This portal combines relationship marketing, brand immersion and loyalty that drives revenue growth.
The results of the campaign also showed that there was a strong enrolment among the young adults and the teens. There are several other similar excellent results of the campaign.
As you can see, there are major benefits when you start trying to build customer loyalty. The steps mentioned above should enable you to start doing so as soon as possible.